Skip to main content

Lesson Plan Presentation Thoughts

I enjoyed listening to everyone's great ideas on their lesson plans.  I was very impressed!  By watching and listening to everyone's ideas, I was encouraged to be more creative.  I wish I could incorporate more fun activities like using Hershey bars (can't bring candy) and also adding more slides to my class lectures.  I did get some advice from my cooperating teacher and that is to save all your Google slides so that you could just change it up a little for next year.  Genius!  That will save us so much time if we're teaching the same grade level again. 

Since I'm also teaching English, I did enjoy Lesli's presentation and her slides.  I loved her many visuals with the story map elements especially the rising action and falling action.  I will definitely incorporate that for my future lesson plans.  Thanks, Lesli!  I would possibly use something like the image below or separate slides for each element.


Also, I was encouraged to use all learning modalities.  I tend to stick with a couple such as visual or auditory.  I need to do kinesthetic and tactile!  Do you have any ideas for kinesthetic and tactile that you'd like to share?

Comments

  1. Thank you, Kim! I love the graphic organizer that you posted. I have found that handing out a sheet like that is sometimes overwhelming, so that's why I broke each element down and slowly walked them through each step. Then, they have a sense of accomplishment when I show them that graphic organizer and tell them that they did in fact complete it :) I am a lot like you in that I tend to stick with visual and auditory modalities. I am curious to see what others post for ideas.
    I have used activities in my lessons that required students to get up and move around the room to complete the tasks, but I am not sure that would be classified as kinesthetic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not the most creative person around. However, I have found that there are those that are great at creating lessons. I have also found that I am much better at taloring lessons to my needs. Every once in a while I create my own from scratch but more than none, I talor pre-made lessons to fit my needs. If you can learn how to do that it will take the stress off of trying to create new lessons for everything you do everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate you sharing the advice you received with us. I didn't really think about saving the Google Slides; but what a great idea! I have been obviously saving my lesson plans so that I can find them and use them in the future for sure. I really liked your thinking map you posted above. I have been working on differentiation within my lesson plans. I have been typically including a video or read aloud that can be seen as well; for auditory and visual learners. Typically, I include some kind of article to read and a short writing activity; for reading and writing learners. Last but not least I usually include some kind of, like Bronc said, moving activity for kinesthetic learners. This may be a room walk or activity done during guided practice. This is the best I have as I am not an expert yet, lol. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim,
    I agree with you that everyone did a great job with their presentations! It gave me some ideas of things that I can incorporate within my own lessons and I agree with you made me want to be a little more creative with my activities that I have students do. Hopefully we can expand our lessons and branch out to cover things that we may not of. Good luck with lesson planning!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Evaluating Instructional Materials

I've been thinking a lot about my lesson planning.  One of my lesson plans that I turned in this past week is geared toward 9th grade vocabulary based on "Romeo and Juliet."  I am going to use the Frayer Model model worksheet to help them with the vocabulary words.  I will have 10 words from one of the acts in "Romeo and Juliet" which are the following: grudge, civil, thrust, quarrel, brawl, disturb, ancient, canker, depart, and fray.  Each word on my lesson plan had an example of the vocabulary word in a sentence from "Romeo and Juliet."  Ex:  While we were interchanging thrusts and blows.... OBJECTIVE: Students will be able to define the chosen words and use it in a sentence from each act with 100% accuracy.  (Most likely be a 2 day lesson) I will have them use the vocabulary word in their own sentence.  For closure, I will use the 3-2-1 method (3 words they remember, 2 words they will tell their friends, and 1 word they will share ...